There are set of rules you must follow before using the site. Please read it carefully otherwise we might take actions according to those rules. The terms may also get updated at any give time.
Your rights and Obligations
To minimize misunderstandings and to maintain a polite and professional atmosphere we have a set of Forum Rules to govern and control the manner in which the Forum is used by all. There are also legal ramifications that can arise from forum posts so these rules serve to protect you. You use of the forum assumes you have read and agree to abide by these rules. You also accept to have your post(s) moderated for any breach of these rules. If the behaviour of another forums member or the content of any messages that you receive via the forums makes you feel uncomfortable or worried, please feel free to contact a staff member or moderator.
Respect the Community
Always treat fellow posters, members & Staff with respect and courtesy. While debating and discussion is fine, but we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting language, threatening or personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Therefore to maintain harmony and goodwill, any member (Staff and Gold Members inclusive) violating this rule will be banned. Swearing that is contextually understandable, even if it is spelled incorrectly, e.g. removing a letter, will be moderated and a warning sent to the forums member. Our decision is final in these matters.
When you register at Chat ‘n’ Go, you’ll be using the same password that you have entered in the field on the registration page. You are responsible for your own password and whatever you do with it. You can change the password in your profile when you log into your account. Your password is private, and no one can see your password, but if you lost your password, you can receive a new one by private messaging one of the forum administrators of Chat ‘n’ Go, and of course you will need to back-up yourself with useful information to know that you registered that account on Chat ‘n’ Go. You have to inform Chat ‘n’ Go immediately if an unauthorized use of your password, account or any other security infringement is done. You have to make sure that you disconnect from your account at the end of each session. Chat ‘n’ Go cannot, and will not be held responsible of any loss or damage which results from a breach in these conditions.
Website and Links
You are not to use any web page of Chat ‘n’ Go as frames on your website unless you got written permission from our staff or owner of Chat ‘n’ Go. If you are planning to affiliate one of your/friend’s/other website, please use the friends page to do so (check below for more details related to friends page). This website IS NOT a place to promote your own forum, you can however add a banner in your signature and add links to your own website/blog only. BB codes are not supported, so please use valid HTML (check below for more details related to forum signature).
Friends is a place affiliate your/friend’s/other website. This is simply a way to show our love to your community that you may have. We includes website such of any sort including gaming, sport, cooking, technology or any other type of site you may have. This is also the place to showcase any YouTube account you may own. Please use the appropriate ways of adding your/friend’s/other website to our friends page mentioned below:
- Please use the correct contact details mentioned on friends page to affiliate your/friend’s/other website.
- Please note that not all submissions will be approved or added to our friends page, usually takes about 2 -3 weeks to approve your site and displayed on out friends page.
- This service is not a way of spamming your website or your YouTube channel, is simply a service to show what our reader may like apart from what this site offers and also is a “privilege,” and not a “right.”.
- We recommended that all graphics, names & URL of your site must be correct, wrong information or link to wrong website will be disqualified from using this service without further notice.
- Dimensions for your banner graphic must be in 350 x 127 px. YouTube accounts do not require to follow this, YouTube URL is enough information needed.
- Don’t submit your site more than once, we’ll review all requests. You may also be disqualified from using this service without further notice from submit your site.
- We’ll be contact you once your site has been approved and added to our friends page to let you know in advance.
Forum User Roles
Forum consists different users or staff members (including admins). Each users on this forum will have different capabilities for each roles as listed (below) to ensure each user have appropriate access to different parts of the forum.
- Admin – The master of the site which can manage the site and take control of the forum.
- Staff (Moderator) – Moderator will ensure the forums are kept clean by modify or removing unnecessary posts and possibly ban users based on their behavior.
- Member – Members are users who participate on the forum will have the ability to read and post topics. Members can also edit their own topics.
- Guest – Guest are only allowed to read topics. Guest can’t create a new topic or post replies on topics.
- Banned – Banned members will have all capabilities blocked till further notice.
Forum Names, Avatars, Images/Video, & Signatures
Forum names, avatars & signatures are the best way of expressing who you really are, we provide such tool as free for all members (Banned Members inclusive). Certain content for names, avatars, images/video, & signatures, have no place on this community, due to their extremely offensive, annoying or inappropriate nature. The following list is a summery that will gives basic understanding of what not to add, including:
- Copyrighted or registered trade mark elements.
- Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules.
- Association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.
- Links to site such as ROMs, warez, downloads which may alter software are not allowed.
- Links to website that serves no sole purpose apart from offering malware, trojan, warms and such.
- Nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- Which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.
- Reference to current mainstream religions that may deem offensive.
- Negatively portrays the projects moderators, staff, or administration.
When posting or using such material user must use the following guidelines:
- Avatar – You are freely to upload any avatar of your choice. We recommend that the dimensions of your avatar must be in 100 x 100 px. If you’re not sure what avatar to upload, you can choose from our own set of pre-defined avatars.
- Video – All videos will come from a site like YouTube. We also understands that not all sources can be found on YouTube, but try the best to maintain videos from YouTube only or simply link to a site with the video instead.
- Signature – Forum signature must not exceed over 400 characters, by doing so your signature will be removed entirely based on our system settings. We recommend that the dimensions of the banner is no larger than 624 x 28 px. Forum signature will not support BBcode, so use valid HTML ONLY.
When posting, choose a section that is suitable for the subject before creating your post. Do not post more than one, you may post within 24 hrs or wait until you get a response then post again. ‘Bumping’ or repeating posts/requests is PROHIBITED. Avoid duplicate/multiple posts and threads and topics. Always do a title search using the search box before posting to see if the topic or similar thread has already been posted. If the topic already exists, but your post has something new to add, then place your post in the existing thread, and DO NOT START A NEW THREAD! This will help to maintain a neat database and members & staff will not have to waste time browsing through repeated duplicate posts. All posts are made of HTML, do not use BBcode, will not work.
Next to each topic, you may see a topic tag which represents the status of each topics.
[Sticky] The topic is marked sticky as a important announcement. This normally pins the topic above normal topic.
[Hot] The topic is marked hot due to popularity of the topic.
[Announcement] This is only used sometimes in announcement forum which marks the topic as an announcement, but sticky tag are mostly used in different forums to pin such topic.
Private Messaging System
Private messaging system is used for sending messages to others within the forum. The private messaging system are not to be used for support for any any shape or form. Please be mindful when talking to other users, do not create rudeness, insulting language, threatening or personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory message to other users.
Games encyclopedia is used as a place to read more information about certain games that you might want to know about. Please understand that this IT NOT “wiki” or “IMDB” of any sort and it won’t have the full database of each game and we are improving the database every now and then by adding more games to the list. Chat ‘n’ Go currently has a private list of games that needs to be kept track of with our news editor, moderator or even our staff members and won’t be available to you. We advise you as a member to kindly use the submit button located at top of our games encyclopedia and follow the rules on how to add a game. You may also came across a game that we already have in our old database and is in the middle of transfering, we’ll be inform you that.
Data and Security
Everything is done from our hosting provider to avoid any slowdown or unexpected downtime of the services, but it is not possible to guarantee these slowdowns, or to foresee any downtime. None network or server problem or any other breakdown can be covered under any warranty. None repayment can be considered for any break or stop of the services, damage or data loss. Several systems have been set up to ensure a security of the content. Thus, a backup of the whole data is done when needs to be done. But for any reason, none individual backup or sql dump, database will be provided. Please do take good note that for any evoked reasons, no precise safeguard of a forum, dump, backup of the data will be provided. However, the administrator of the forum has at his disposal, a tool which allows him to use these backups in order to restore his board, such as it was at a previous date.
This is what we would like to do here. This site has different section such as forums, games encyclopedia, videos, tutorials (coming soon), music (coming soon) and reviews which you can look and visit. We’re trying to create an environment where our readers can share their opinions openly and in a mature fashion. We hope you can be a part of it.